The death pool is blowing up!!! December 23rd, 2008
Were receiving an assload of baracus death pool lists from the listener. Thanks so much! It looks like this is going to be a stiff competition so think it over, read the rules, and send a self addressed stamped email of your death pool pics to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today. Let the deaths begin!
Death Pool rules (see podcast #12) December 20th, 2008
1. Choose the names of 13 people that are somehow famous or otherwise known to
the general public (movies, music, sports, politics, books, etc.). 10 will be on your
active roster, and 3 will be on your “bench.” More on that later…
2. The people you select must be known for themselves, and not just for being associ-
ated with someone else. For example:
Acceptable: Hillary Clinton – Bill Clintonʼs wife, but she is known on her own
Unacceptable: Kobeʼs Wife – Unknown other than as Kobeʼs wife
If you feel like there might be some grey area, plead your case when you submit your
selections. If we feel your argument is valid, weʼll give it to you. Weʼre pretty relaxed.
3. The purpose of the 3 bench players is to replace any losses on your roster. If 4
people die, you are down to 9.
4. You may activate/deactivate people at any time throughout the year, just let us know.
5. Each person on your list must be a living human being, not in a vegetative state,
have a DOB verifiable through public means and not on death row or scheduled for
execution as of 12:01 am on 1/1/09. If you submit someone who dies before 1/1/09,
you will be scored a zero.
6. Submitted rosters will be made public once the game starts (but not before).
7. Player with the highest score at the end of the game wins.
1. You will only be given a score for those on your active roster. If someone on your
bench dies, you (and they) are S.O.L. Only activated players count.
2. YOU must notify US of any death/score, and any proof (a link) would be great.
3. Scoring is based on how far the age of the deceased is from 100. For example, if
someone you chose died at 28, they are worth 72 pts. If they were 85, you get 15.
112 years old, and you get 12 points.
4. In the event of a points tie, the winner will be selected according to either the fewest
dead folks, or, if thatʼs even, whoever has the youngest average age of dead folks.
5. Score bonuses: 1st Death of the Year = 10 pts; Unique Death = 20 pts
People must be named individuals, not just “the oldest person in the world” or “that guy
from that thing.”
The time/date of death is local time where the person died. If the time of death is re-
ported as exactly midnight local time, the date of the new day used.
Players must not murder their chosen celebs. That’s cheating, and cheating is wrong.
If any issues arise that have not been covered in the rules here, we at the podcast
will make any necessary decisions. We will be fair, and final. Thanks for playing!
Death Pool 2009 Official Rules
As always, everything podcast is on www.aaronisonline.com, www.benparsons.com, and on iTunes.